sounds familiar to me also
I heard this last night and I was about half asleep so I hope i get it close.
Why is it that our generation can't fix anything? My dad could fix anything. So I'm having car trouble one day and call dad. we talk and then he says "I taught you how to change the oil" and I said, "no, you taught me how to hold the flashlight while you hollered at me.".
I couldn't help but laugh. It rememded me of me and my dad when I was alittle kid. I would be holding the flashlight and not very still and he would have to tell me over and over again to hold the flashlight still
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
sounds familiar to me also
My Dad used to get so disgusted with me he would just say,"go to the house and tell your Mother she needs you."
My dad used one of mmmmm... I think it was Lincoln's sayings- Son, it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I do have one on that gent - I put the kid under the car, he put the last set of shocks on, I showed him how to hotwire the old generation of cars, [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]changed the brakes on his moms car. He was [censored](raising them up with the thing you find in the trunk next to the spare, I love this censor program [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) them up before he went to school, to help me out. I'd hate to think a person couldn't do somethings on their own. Really, I just don't want a lot of folks screwing around with my cars. The owners manual usually has a form for a factory manual that is the basis for all repairs. Today , most cars, change the oil and they will run forever.
Yeah, my old Mustang I can do just about anythig to it. I look at our new cars and just shake my head and take it to a garage
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Bookmarks